Wednesday, May 8, 2019

SENIOR TRIP 2019 - PACKING UP!!!!

   Earlier this year, our GCS graduating class stunned me when they asked me if I was willing to be a chaperon on their Senior Trip to New York City and Washington, DC.  I've taught at Greenville Christian School for 23 years now; other than my daughter's class, which I was an official sponsor of, no group of seniors has ever asked me to go with them.  So, after a quick conference with my beloved spouse, I agreed to do it!  Our flight leaves at 6 AM tomorrow.

   So for the last few days I've been trying to get everything ready, from finishing up my annual chore of writing a personal letter to each graduating senior to preparing four class days worth of lesson planes for all my other classes to finally packing up my suitcase tonight.  Now I sit back, draw a breath, and reflect on the fact that it is 8 PM and I have to get up at 1:30 in the morning!!!

   Watch this space for the next few days, I will be chronicling this trip as I did my journey to Israel three years ago.  I'll try to work in an entry every single day (although, if I have to type them on my phone, brace yourselves for a LOT of typos!).  We will see lots of cool stuff and have a great deal of fun; I'll give you all the juicy details here and in my social media feeds.
   Now to try and get a little rest . . . tomorrow is going to be a LONG day!!! LOL

Enjoy the journey with me, three other adults,  and 17 rambunctious 18 year olds on the brink of graduating high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment