Tuesday, March 8, 2016

BLOG BECOMES TRAVELOGUE

This is going to be a bit shorter than my usual entries, because a. I'm typing it on my phone, and b., I'm going to be updating daily for the next 11 days, as I take the trip of a lifetime to the nation of Israel on a ten day archeological study tour, led by Dr. Mark Shipp.

  Today I had to complete my usual day of teaching - well, almost usual. Since the high schoolers were all out for Enrichment week classes, I got to teach 7th and 8th grade, ALL DAY, seven periods in a row!

After that, a quick run to the bank, a farewell dinner with my wife,  and then my friend Ritchie Thompson met me and we headed south together. We arrived at Dr. Shipp's  house at nine. We have to get up at 3 AM for a 6 AM flight, so it's just about time to hit the hay.  Another update from New York tomorrow, and then the next time you hear from me i'll be in Tiberias on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Giodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment