Wednesday, March 9, 2016

THE WAITING GAME IN THE BIG APPLE

We were supposed to get up at 3 AM to catch our flight out from Bergstrom Airport in Austin, but between the storm and my own excitement I was wide awake by 2:30. Packed up my toiletries and Dr. Shipp drove us to the airport in the rain. We boarded quickly and had a reasonably smooth flight to JFK international airport in New York.  It was awsome to see the famous Manhattan skyline as we flew over it, but that's as much of the city as I got to see. While we did have a fairly long layover, the time budget, margin for error,  and cost of a cab fare kept me in the airport.  I did have my first ever Reuben sandwich, now I'm typing this as we prepare to begin the lengthy boarding process for El Al airlines and the final leg of my marathon journey to the land where Jesus walked. If all goes as planned, my next entry will be made from the Tiberias hotel on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment